Well here it is guys... A huge apology on my behalf for the long wait on putting up the recipe but believe me it definitely will be worth it. This is one loaf that won't last very long after it has come out of the oven. I struggled to find a recipe in which combined my love of bananas and chocolate that did both ingredients the justice they deserve, until now!! You can enjoy this bread loaf toasted with a smidgen of honey, cut up and served with some "homemade" paleo icecream or enjoyed with a black cup of coffee for a midday snack. I cannot take all the credit for this marvellous creation though, if you enjoy this as much as I did and want more A-mazing recipes jump onto http://livinpaleocuisine.com she is also an avid crossfit lover who has some lifting and gymnastic skills i would absolutely die for.
I really hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175 deg Celsius (350F)
- Grease the inside of a loaf pan approx. 9″x5″ then line with parchment paper
- Place the coconut oil, eggs, honey and apple butter in a bowl and beat with a mixer on high until well combined
- In a separate bowl stir together the coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda and sea salt, then pour in with the wet ingredients and beat again on high
- In another bowl mash the bananas together with the coconut milk until a mush is formed, combine with the other ingredients and beat on medium until well combined
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour into your loaf pan
- Bake for approx. 50 minutes. You can check by inserting a toothpick into the bread. When it comes out clean your good to go!